More Than Doubles A25-54 Lead Over GMA
Top Spot in Demo for 247 of Past 249 Weeks
PLUS – TODAY Wins in Total Viewers on Monday
NEW YORK – Oct. 6, 2020 – For the 58th straight week, NBC News’ TODAY beat ABC’s “Good Morning America” (GMA) in the demo most coveted by news advertisers. TODAY has held onto the top spot in the key demo for 247 of the past 249 weeks, and more than doubled its A25-54 lead over GMA week-over-week.
Last Monday, TODAY was also number-one in total viewers, topping GMA across the board.
Week of September 28 – October 4, 2020:
TODAY averaged 1.011 million A25-54 viewers, outperforming GMA by +82,000 (+9%) and CBS This Morning by +421,000 (+71%)
- TODAY has now ranked #1 in A25-54 for 58 consecutive weeks (includes one tie) and 247 of the last 249 weeks
- TODAY more than doubled its A25-54 lead over GMA week-over-week (up 148%), reaching a new four-week high
TODAY averaged 730,000 A18-49 viewers, +116,000 (+19%) more than GMA and +325,000 (+80%) higher than CBS
- TODAY has ranked #1 in A18-49 for 54 consecutive weeks and 116 the last 118 weeks
- This was TODAY’s best A18-49 advantage over GMA in four weeks, 51% higher than prior week
- Compared to the same week last year, TODAY widened its A18-49 advantage over GMA by 32%
TODAY averaged 3.255 million total viewers, leading CBS This Morning by +669,000 (+26%)
2020-21 SEASON-TO-DATE (9/21/2020-10/4/2020):
TODAY ranks #1 among both A25-54 and A18-49 viewers
TODAY’s A18-49 lead over GMA is up 32% compared to the same period last season
- Lead over GMA is +98,000 (vs. +74,000 last season)
Ratings now reflect the addition of Out of Home (OOH) viewership that Nielsen Media Research began measuring on Aug. 31 across only 44 markets.
# # #