On this week’s episode, Chuck Todd is joined by experts to discuss the three major stories that all broke on Oct. 7th, 2016 – Russian hacking, the Access Hollywood tape and WikiLeaks.
In this week’s episode of Meet the Press Reports, Chuck Todd explores the impact of Oct. 7, 2016 — the wildest day in the wildest race — on the 2016 presidential race and the future of politics.
The 30-minute episode explores the triple-shot of ‘October Surprises’ that rocked the campaign in one day on Oct. 7: when the Obama administration officially accused Russia of attempting to interfere in the 2016 elections; the release of the Access Hollywood tapes where then-presidential candidate Donald Trump bragged about kissing, groping and trying to have sex with women during a 2005 conversation caught on tape; and the release of WikiLeaks emails hacked from Hillary Clinton’s campaign chairman John Podesta’s email account.
Plus, a discussion on how the events of that day are still influencing the current political landscape just weeks before the next presidential election.
In the episode, Todd is joined by key players from that fateful day just weeks before the consequential 2016 presidential election, including:
- Tim Alberta, Chief Political Correspondent for Politico
- Former Rep. Carlos Curbelo (R-Fla.) and NBC News Political Analyst
- David Fahrenthold, Washington Post Reporter, who broke the Access Hollywood tape story, and NBC News & MSNBC Contributor
- Jeh Johnson, former U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security
- Jennifer Palmieri, Director of Communications for 2016 Clinton Campaign
- Peter Strzok, former FBI Agent and author of “Compromised”
- Katy Tur, NBC News Correspondent & MSNBC Anchor, who covered Trump during the 2016 campaign, and author of “Unbelievable: My Front-Row Seat to the Craziest Campaign in American History”
- Amy Walter; National Editor of the Cook Political Report and host of The Takeaway
Meet the Press Reports, anchored by NBC News Political Director and Meet the Press Moderator Chuck Todd is available on NBC News NOW, streaming live and on demand across OTT platforms, including Peacock, NBCUniversal’s new streaming service.
The once-weekly 30-minute program focuses on a single topic explored through the Meet the Press lens and takes viewers through deep-dives on pivotal election issues, historical moments and under-reported political issues with long-form interviews, expert discussions, historical archives, and more.
# # #
For more information, contact: