Wins 243 out of 245 Weeks in A25-54
Triples Lead over GMA in All-Important Key Demo Year-Over-Year
PLUS – TODAY Holds onto Top Spot in Key Demo for Season to Date
NEW YORK – Sep. 9, 2020 – TODAY was once again the number-one morning show topping “Good Morning America” in the demo most valued by advertisers, winning A25-54 for 54 consecutive weeks. NBC News’ morning show has held onto the top spot in the key demo for 243 out of 245 weeks. Last week, TODAY also posted its widest lead over GMA in 15 weeks – and tripled its lead year-over-year. This streak has helped to secure TODAY’s first place ranking in both A25-54 and A18-49 for the season to date.
TODAY averaged 1.001 million A25-54 viewers, outperforming GMA by +80,000 (+9%) and CBS This Morning by +394,000 (+67%)
- TODAY has now ranked #1 in A25-54 for 54 consecutive weeks (includes one tie) and 243 of the last 245 weeks.
- This was TODAY’s biggest demo audience in six weeks (since week of 7/20/2020), its largest advantage over GMA in 15 weeks (since week of 5/18/2020), and widest lead over CBS in 12 weeks (since week of 6/8/2020).
- Compared to the same week last season, TODAY more than tripled its demo lead over GMA (up 272%) and increased its lead over CBS by 3%.
- TODAY was the only morning show to increase in A25-54 viewers versus prior week (up +2%, or +19,000) while posting higher demo advantages over both GMA (up 49%) and CBS (up 12%). GMA was down -2% and CBS -3% vs. prior week.
TODAY averaged 723,000 A18-49 viewers, +126,000 (+21%) more than GMA and +366,000 (+103%) higher than CBS
- TODAY has ranked #1 in A18-49 for 48 consecutive weeks and 112 the last 114 weeks.
- TODAY’s A18-49 delivery hit a 12 week high (since week of 6/8/2020) while its lead over GMA was its best in six weeks (since week of 7/20/2020).
- TODAY more than doubled its A18-49 advantage over CBS for the first time in four years (since week of 8/15/2016).
- Compared to the same week last season, TODAY’s A18-49 advantage over GMA rose by 25%.
- Week-over-week, TODAY added the most A18-49 viewers (+13,000) and increased its advantages over GMA by 9% and CBS by 15%. Vs. prior week, GMA was up +1% (+4,000) and CBS down -9%.
TODAY averaged 3.276 million total viewers, leading CBS This Morning by +766,000 (+30%)
- TODAY had its best total viewer delivery in four weeks and hit a 13 week-high in its advantage over CBS (since week of 6/1/2020).
- Week-over-week, TODAY increased its total viewership by +29,000 and improved its lead over CBS by 9%. Vs. prior week, GMA was up +2% (+53,000) and CBS was down -1%.
TODAY ranks #1 among both A25-54 and A18-49 viewers
TODAY’s A18-49 lead over GMA has grown by 29% while its lead over CBS is up 3% compared to last season
- Lead over GMA is +125,000 (vs. +97,000 last season).
- Lead over CBS is +374,000 (vs. +364,000 last season).
Ratings now reflect the addition of Out of Home (OOH) viewership that Nielsen Media Research began measuring on Aug. 31 across only 44 markets.
# # #