Also Wins 241 out of 243 Weeks in A25-54
TODAY Beats GMA in Total Viewers Thursday
Plus, #1 in the Key Demo Season to Date
NEW YORK – Aug. 25, 2020 – For the 52nd consecutive week, TODAY was the number-one morning show beating “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54. This win marks one straight year for TODAY as the number-one morning show in the all-important demo most valued by advertisers. TODAY has also held the top spot in the key demo for 241 out of the past 243 weeks. Season to date, TODAY ranks first among A25-54 and A18-49 viewers. Plus, TODAY won in total viewers on Thursday.
TODAY averaged 899,000 A25-54 viewers, outperforming GMA by +77,000 (+9%) and CBS This Morning by +326,000 (+57%)
- TODAY has now ranked #1 in A25-54 for 52 consecutive weeks (includes one tie) and 241 of the last 243 weeks
- Week-over-week, TODAY’s demo lead was up +38% vs. GMA and +1% vs. CBS.
TODAY averaged 643,000 A18-49 viewers, +109,000 (+20%) more than GMA and +256,000 (+66%) higher than CBS
- TODAY has ranked #1 in A18-49 for 46 consecutive weeks and 110 the last 112 weeks
- Compared to the same week last season, TODAY more than tripled its A18-49 lead over GMA (+109,000 vs. +28,000 prior year).
- TODAY was the only morning show to increase its A18-49 audience week-over-week (+3%, or +17,000). In addition, TODAY’s A18-49 lead over GMA rose 49% while its lead over CBS grew by 8%.
TODAY averaged 3.035 million total viewers, leading CBS This Morning by +565,000 (+23%)
- TODAY’s total viewer advantage over CBS was 7% higher than prior week.
TODAY ranks #1 among both A25-54 and A18-49 viewers
TODAY’s A18-49 lead over GMA has grown by 29% while its lead over CBS is up 2% compared to last season
- Lead over GMA is +125,000 (vs. +97,000 last season)
- Lead over CBS is +374,000 (vs. +366,000 last season)
# # #