TODAY Wins 238 out of 240 Weeks in A25-54
TODAY Tops GMA in Total Viewers Tuesday
TODAY Grows Demo Lead Over GMA Year Over Year
NEW YORK – August 4, 2020 – TODAY was the number-one morning show last week topping “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54. The win marks 238 out of 240 weeks in first place. TODAY also won in total viewers Tuesday. Versus the prior year, TODAY’s demo lead over GMA was nearly 32 times higher and TODAY narrowed the total viewer gap by 67%.
TODAY averaged 974,000 A25-54 viewers, outperforming GMA by +65,000 (+7%) and CBS This Morning by +367,000 (+61%)
- TODAY has now ranked #1 in A25-54 for 49 consecutive weeks and 238 of the last 240 weeks
- TODAY’s A25-54 lead over GMA was nearly 32 times higher than the same week last season (+2,000)
TODAY averaged 701,000 A18-49 viewers, +109,000 (+18%) more than GMA and +294,000 (+72%) higher than CBS
- Compared to the same week last season, TODAY more than doubled its A18-49 lead over GMA (up 122%).
- Week-over-week, TODAY’s A18-49 viewership increased by +6,000 (+1%).
TODAY averaged 3.303 million total viewers, leading CBS This Morning by +674,000 (+26%)
- TODAY reduced the total viewer gap vs. GMA by 67% compared to the same week last season.
TODAY ranks #1 among both A25-54 and A18-49 viewers
TODAY’s A18-49 lead over GMA has grown by 26% while its lead over CBS is up 3% compared to last season
- Lead over GMA is +127,000 (vs. +101,000 last season)
- Lead over CBS is +383,000 (vs. +372,000 last season)