TODAY Wins 236 out of 238 Weeks in A25-54
TODAY Tops GMA in Total Viewers Tuesday
TODAY Grows Demo Lead Over GMA Week Over Week and Year Over Year
NEW YORK – July 21, 2020 – TODAY was the number-one morning show last week topping “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54. The win marks 236 out of 238 weeks in first place. TODAY also won in total viewers Tuesday. Additionally, TODAY posted its biggest advantage in the key demo versus GMA since May and grew its demo lead by 90% versus the prior week and 29% versus the prior year. TODAY grew in total viewers versus the prior week, narrowing the total viewer gap with GMA in half.
TODAY averaged 960,000 A25-54 viewers, outperforming GMA by +97,000 (+11%) and CBS This Morning by +350,000 (+57%)
- TODAY has now ranked #1 in A25-54 for 47 consecutive weeks (includes one tie) and 236 of the last 238 weeks
- This was TODAY’s biggest demo advantage over GMA since the week of 5/25/2020, a seven week high
- Compared to the same week last season, TODAY’s A25-54 lead over GMA rose 29% while its advantage over CBS grew by 4%.
- TODAY added +5,000 A25-54 viewers week-over-week and increased its demo lead over GMA by 90%.
TODAY averaged 667,000 A18-49 viewers, +141,000 (+27%) more than GMA and +268,000 (+67%) higher than CBS
- TODAY posted its biggest A18-49 advantage over GMA in eight weeks (since the week of 5/18/2020)
- Compared to the same week last season, TODAY’s A18-49 lead was up 41% vs. GMA and 6% vs. CBS.
- Week-over-week, TODAY increased its average by +7,000 A18-49 viewers and improved its lead over GMA by 40% and CBS by 5%.
TODAY averaged 3.300 million total viewers, leading CBS This Morning by +663,000 (+25%)
- TODAY pulled to is closest total viewer margin vs. GMA in eight weeks
- TODAY ranked #1 in total viewers on Tuesday morning
- Week-over-week, TODAY’s total audience increased by +33,000 viewers and cut GMA’s lead in half.
TODAY ranks #1 among both A25-54 and A18-49 viewers
TODAY’s A18-49 lead over GMA has grown by 24% while its lead over CBS is up 3% compared to last season
- Lead over GMA is +128,000 (vs. +103,000 last season)
Lead over CBS is +388,000 (vs. +376,000 last season)