TODAY Wins 235 out of 237 Weeks in A25-54
TODAY Grows Demo Lead Over GMA Year Over Year
TODAY Is #1 in the Key Demo Season to Date
NEW YORK – July 14, 2020 – TODAY was the number-one morning show last week topping “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54. The win marks 235 out of 237 weeks in first place. Versus the prior year, TODAY grew its demo lead versus GMA by 19%. Season to date, TODAY ranks first among A25-54 and A18-49 viewers.
TODAY averaged 955,000 A25-54 viewers, outperforming GMA by +51,000 (+6%) and leading CBS This Morning by +369,000 (+63%)
- TODAY has now ranked #1 in A25-54 for 46 consecutive weeks and 235 of the last 237 weeks
- Compared to the same week last season, TODAY’s demo lead over GMA rose by 19% while its advantage over CBS grew 18%.
TODAY averaged 660,000 A18-49 viewers, +101,000 (+18%) more than GMA and +255,000 (+63%) higher than CBS
- TODAY’s A18-49 lead over GMA hit a four-week high, up 40% vs. prior year and 42% week-over-week
TODAY averaged 3.267 million total viewers, leading CBS This Morning by +671,000 (+26%)
- Week-over-week, TODAY improved its total viewer lead over CBS by 14%.
TODAY ranks #1 among both A25-54 and A18-49 viewers
TODAY’s A18-49 lead over GMA has grown by 23% while its lead over CBS is up 3% compared to last season
- Lead over GMA is +127,000 (vs. +103,000 last season)
- Lead over CBS is +391,000 (vs. +379,000 last season)