Tomorrow, June 9, NBC News’ Lester Holt and Craig Melvin will be on the ground in Houston for special coverage of the funeral of George Floyd.
- Starting at 12 p.m. ET, NBC News will broadcast NBC News Special Report: Remembering George Floyd on NBC and NBC News NOW.
- Holt will be joined by a team of NBC News journalists from across the country for the special report, including correspondents Morgan Chesky, Joe Fryer, Gabe Gutierrez and Steve Patterson. NBC News and MSNBC contributors Yamiche Alcindor, Paul Butler and Eugene Robinson will also join the coverage.
- Holt will anchor a special edition of NBC Nightly News live from Houston at 6:30 p.m. ET/5:30 p.m. CT.
- Melvin will report on TODAY live from Houston with the latest leading up to the funeral, in addition to anchoring MSNBC’s special coverage starting at 11 a.m. ET.
- For all the latest reporting from NBC News and MSNBC’s worldwide team of correspondents, including a live blog with minute-to-minute updates, visit NBCNews.com.
For more information, contact:
o: (202) 885-4159
More Americans watch NBC News than any news organization in the world. Its leading and award-winning television news broadcasts include TODAY, NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt, Meet the Press with Chuck Todd and Dateline NBC – all of which closed out 2019 at #1 in the key news demo for the fourth straight year. Additionally, NBC News produces Third Hour of TODAY, TODAY with Hoda and Jenna and Sunday TODAY with Willie Geist, as well as primetime specials and breaking news reports. The rapidly-growing NBC News Digital Group, including its streaming news service NBC News NOW, along with the SiriusXM TODAY Show Radio channel, provides continuous content to consumers wherever they are, whenever they want it. NBC News also operates NBC News Studios, a new unit producing premium documentaries, docuseries, select scripted programming, and content for emerging platforms, and the NBC NewsChannel affiliate news service.