TODAY Tops GMA Outright for First Week of the Year, Marks First Total Viewer Win for an Opening Week in 8 Years
TODAY Wins Total Viewers for 5 Straight Weeks, 6th Outright Win this Season
TODAY Wins 208 out of 210 Weeks in A25-54
NEW YORK – January 7, 2019 – TODAY was the number-one morning show outright for the first week in 2020, topping “Good Morning America” in total viewers, A25-54 and A18-49. This marks the first time TODAY has won the opening week of the broadc ast year since 2012. TODAY has now won five consecutive weeks in total viewers and six weeks outright for the season. TODAY has also won 208 out of 210 weeks in the key demo.
|CBS THIS MORNING||0.52||632||0.31||403||2,711|
|GOOD MORNING AMERICA||0.79||964||0.49||636||3,461|
TODAY averaged 3.463 million total viewers, leading GMA by +2,000 and outperforming CBS by +752,000 (+28%)
- This was the first time TODAY won the opening week of the broadcast year since 2012
- Compared to the same week last season, TODAY’s total viewer advantage over CBS grew by +3%.
TODAY averaged 1.056 million A25-54 viewers, topping GMA by +92,000 (+10%) and CBS This Morning by +424,000 (+67%)
- Vs. prior week, TODAY increased its demo viewership by +1% (+9,000).
TODAY averaged 737,000 A18-49 viewers, +101,000 (+16%) more than GMA and +334,000 (+83%) higher than CBS
- Compared to the same week last season, TODAY’s A18-49 lead over GMA increased by 55%.
- Week-over-week, TODAY added +2,000 A18-49 viewers and improved its lead over CBS by 4%.
TODAY ranks #1 among both A25-54 and A18-49 viewers
In A18-49, TODAY’s lead over GMA is 39% higher than the same point last season (+106,000 vs. +76,000 last season)