BIG ‘TODAY’ WIN: #1 IN TOTAL VIEWERS FOR 3 STRAIGHT WEEKS
TODAY Posts Biggest Total Viewer Win Over GMA Since Pyeongchang Olympics, Biggest Key Demo Win Over GMA in a Year
TODAY Posts 9th Outright Win this Year
TODAY Wins 206 out of 208 Weeks in A25-54
NEW YORK – December 26, 2019 – TODAY was the number-one morning show outright last week topping “Good Morning America” in total viewers, A25-54 and A18-49. This marks TODAY’s third consecutive weekly win in total viewers and ninth outright win for the year. TODAY posted its biggest total viewer win versus GMA since the Pyeongchang Olympics, and its biggest A25-54 lead over GMA in nearly one year (since the week of 1/7/2019). TODAY has now won 206 out of 208 weeks in the key demo.
Additionally, TODAY posted the biggest gains of the morning shows week over week, increasing its total viewer lead over GMA by 73%, and its demo lead by 26%. Versus last year, TODAY’s demo advantage grew by 24% compared to GMA.
|CBS THIS MORNING||0.63||759||0.39||507||3,011|
|GOOD MORNING AMERICA||0.89||1,084||0.58||749||3,784|
TODAY averaged 3.919 million total viewers, outperforming GMA by +135,000 (+4%) and topping CBS by +908,000 (+30%)
- This represents TODAY’s best total viewer advantage over GMA since the Pyeongchang Olympics (week of 2/19/2018)
- Week-over-week, TODAY posted the biggest increase in viewership (+4%, or +150,000) and widened its lead over GMA by 73% and CBS by 8%
TODAY averaged 1.324 million A25-54 viewers, leading GMA by +240,000 (+22%) and CBS This Morning by +565,000 (+75%)
- TODAY posted its biggest A25-54 delivery in eight months, since the week of 4/15/2019 (a 33-week high), its largest advantage over GMA since the week of 1/7/2019 (49 weeks), and biggest lead over CBS since the week of 2/25/2019 (42 weeks)
- Compared to the same week last season, TODAY’s A25-54 advantage over GMA rose 24%.
- Week-over-week, TODAY saw the biggest A25-54 gain (+8%, or +103,000) and increased its demo leads over GMA by 26% and CBS by 27%.
TODAY averaged 948,000 A18-49 viewers, +199,000 (+27%) more than GMA and +441,000 (+87%) higher than CBS
- Versus the same week last season, TODAY’s A18-49 lead over GMA was 76% higher and its lead over CBS 15% higher.
- Week-over-week, TODAY added more A18-49 viewers (+127,000, or +15%) than GMA and CBS combined. TODAY also increased its A18-49 lead over GMA by 66% and CBS by 39% versus prior week.
TODAY ranks #1 among both A25-54 and A18-49 viewers
In A18-49, TODAY’s lead over GMA is 43% higher than the same point last season (+114,000 vs. +80,000 last season)