#1 in Key A25-54 and A18-49 Demos; Wins All Five Nights
Continues to Top ABC and CBS in Both Demos Year-to-Date
WEEK OF 12/2/2019
- NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt is the #1 most-watched newscast for another straight week – #1 in the key A25-54 and A18-49 demos, according to Nielsen Media Research (see the below chart).
- Nightly News wins every night this past week in the key news demo most-valued by advertisers.
- Nightly News is the 4th most-watched television program for the week in total viewers (excluding sports & syndication), marking the second straight week the newscast has ranked among the top 5.
- Among A25-54, Nightly averages 1.748 million viewers, ahead of ABC by +6,000 and CBS by +634,000 (+57%).
- Among A18-49, Nightly posts 1.234 million viewers, leading ABC by +48,000 (+4%) and CBS by +463,000 (+60%).
- Last week, Nightly featured an exclusive interview with Uber Chief legal counsel Tony West following the release of the company’s safety report. And last night, Cynthia McFadden sat down with a former Boeing manager who spoke out for the first time on television about how he warned Boeing about problems months before two of its 737 Max airplanes crashed.
2019 BROADCAST YEAR-TO-DATE
- Nightly News is #1 in both A25-54 and A18-49 and continues to lead for the year.
WEEK OF 12/2/2019 RATINGS CHART
|NBC NIGHTLY NEWS||1,748||1,234||8,244|
|CBS EVENING NEWS||1,114||771||5,850|
|ABC WORLD NEWS TONIGHT||1,742||1,186||9,027|
Note: Nightly News, World News Tonight and CBS Evening News’ ratings are comprised of telecasts with regular titling and include overnight airings on owned stations. World News Tonight’s ratings also include 3:30pm airings in Los Angeles and San Francisco. World News Tonight was rated for 4 days this past week.
NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt is the most-watched evening newscast in America among the key news demo, and reaches over 24 million people every week through its broadcast and millions more through NBCNews.com, the Nightly News app, The Nightly newsletter and social media platforms. The broadcast provides the latest on the day’s top stories, going beyond the headlines to uncover how people’s lives are affected by the world around them. Lester Holt is the anchor, and was named the most-trusted television news personality in America, according to The Hollywood Reporter/Morning Consult 2018 survey. Jennifer Suozzo is the executive producer.