NBC NIGHTLY NEWS WITH LESTER HOLT IS #1 FOR JULY, WINNING KEY A25-54 DEMO
Marks Fifth Consecutive July Win in A25-54
Continues to Top ABC and CBS Season to Date in A25-54 and A18-49
July 30, 2019 – NBC News with Lester Holt is the #1 evening newscast in the key A25-54 demo for the month of July, according to Nielsen Media Research. Additionally, Nightly News continues to lead season to date in the demo most valued by advertisers.
The broadcast averages 1.466 million viewers in A25-54 in July, topping CBS by +495,000 and ABC by +8,000. This marks Nightly News’ fifth consecutive July win and its 11th monthly win in the past 13 months in the key news demo.
Nightly News also continues to top CBS and ABC season to date, and is on track to score its 12th consecutive season win in A25-54 and its 23rd straight season win in A18-49.
During the past month, Holt sat down with Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif for his first U.S. network interview since tensions recently escalated in the Gulf. He also reported on the earthquakes in Southern California in real time from Los Angeles earlier this month.
Nightly News is the #1 evening newscast this month in A25-54
- Nightly averaged 1.466 million viewers, +495,000 ahead of CBS and +8,000 more than ABC
- Marks Nightly’s 5th consecutive July demo win and is the 11th A25-54 monthly win in the past 13 months
- Among A18-49, Nightly ranked #1 averaging 1.002 million viewers, tied with ABC and +310,000 ahead of CBS
|NBC NIGHTLY NEWS||1.466||1.002||6.902|
|CBS EVENING NEWS||0.971||0.692||5.089|
|ABC WORLD NEWS TONIGHT||1.458||1.002||7.917|
Note: ‘Nightly News’ ratings are comprised of telecasts with regular titling and include overnight airings on owned stations.
Nightly News is the #1 evening newscast this season in A25-54 and A18-49
- Among A25-54 viewers: Nightly leads CBS by +572,000 and ABC by +26,000
- Nightly is #1 among A25-54 viewers at this point of the season for the 12th consecutive season
- Among A18-49 viewers, Nightly leads CBS by +346,000 and ABC by +25,000
- Nightly is #1 among A18-49 viewers at this point of the season for the 23rd consecutive season
NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt is the most-watched evening newscast in America among the key news demo, and reaches over 24 million people every week through its broadcast and millions more through NBCNews.com, the Nightly News app, The Nightly newsletter and social media platforms. The broadcast provides the latest on the day’s top stories, going beyond the headlines to uncover how people’s lives are affected by the world around them. Lester Holt is the anchor, and was named the most-trusted television news personality in America, according to The Hollywood Reporter/Morning Consult 2018 survey. Jennifer Suozzo is the executive producer.
For more information, contact: