TODAY Wins 182 Weeks in Key Demo, Best Streak of Any Morning Show
TODAY Tops GMA in Total Viewers Tuesday
TODAY Shrinks Total Viewer Gap with GMA Year Over Year and Week Over Week
NEW YORK – June 25, 2019 – TODAY was the number-one morning show last week topping “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54. The win marks 182 consecutive weeks in first place, TODAY’s best demo streak in nearly seven years and the longest demo win for any morning show. TODAY also won in total viewers last Tuesday.
Additionally, TODAY narrowed the total viewer gap with GMA by 19% year over year and 32% week over week. Season-to-date, TODAY is posting its best total viewer lead over CBS in three years.
|CBS THIS MORNING||0.52||632||0.33||423||2,702|
|GOOD MORNING AMERICA||0.85||1,025||0.52||670||3,753|
TODAY averaged 1.106 million A25-54 viewers, leading GMA by +81,000 (+8%) and CBS This Morning by +474,000 (+75%)
- TODAY has now ranked #1 among A25-54 viewers for 182 consecutive weeks (best streak in over six years) and 198 of the last 199 weeks
- TODAY increased its demo lead over GMA by 9% week-over-week.
TODAY averaged 783,000 A18-49 viewers, +113,000 (+17%) ahead of GMA and +360,000 (+85%) higher than CBS
- Compared to the same week last season, TODAY increased its A18-49 lead over GMA by 74% and CBS by 9%.
- Versus prior week, TODAY posted higher advantages over both GMA (up 77%) and CBS (6% higher).
TODAY averaged 3.597 million total viewers, topping CBS by +895,000 (+33%)
- TODAY reduced GMA’s total viewer lead by 19% while increasing its margin over CBS by 16% compared to the same week last season.
- Week-over-week, TODAY cut the total viewer gap vs. GMA by 32% and posted a 12% higher advantage over CBS.
TODAY ranks #1 among A25-54 and A18-49
TODAY is having its best total viewer lead over CBS season-to-date in three years
- TODAY’s total viewer advantage over CBS is up 20% vs. the same period last season (+900,000 vs. +748,000 last season)
- Only 53,000 viewers separate TODAY and GMA, a margin of just 1%