#1 in Key A25-54 Demo, Topping ABC and CBS
Continues its Reign as #1 Season-to-Date in the Key Demo
June 4, 2019 – NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt is the #1-most watched newscast again for the week of May 27, leading in the key A25-54 demo, according to Nielsen Media Research.
Nightly News averages 1.564 million viewers in A25-54, the demo most valued by advertisers, topping CBS by +514,000 and ABC by +10,000. The newscast also continues to win the current season, leading both CBS and ABC in both the A25-54 and A18-49 demos, on track to score its 23rd consecutive season win in both measurements.
Lester Holt anchors Nightly News from London today for President Donald Trump’s first official state visit to the United Kingdom and tomorrow and Thursday, he will be in Normandy for special editions of the broadcast for the 75th anniversary of D-Day, “D-Day at 75: A Celebration of Heroes.”
Week of May 27, 2019:
Nightly News ranks #1 among A25-54
- Nightly News averages 1.564 million A25-54 viewers, ahead of ABC by +10,000 (+1%) and CBS by +514,000 (+49%)
- Vs. prior year, Nightly News has the smallest viewership decline in the 3NET, down -80,000 (-5%); ABC is down -7% and CBS is down -10%
|NBC NIGHTLY NEWS||1.564||1.036||7.332|
|CBS EVENING NEWS||1.050||0.743||5.299|
|ABC WORLD NEWS TONIGHT||1.554||1.059||8.059|
2018-19 Season to Date
Nightly News is the #1 evening newscast this season in A25-54 and A18-49
- Tops ABC by +31,000 (+2%) and CBS by +581,000 (+47%)
- #1 among A25-54 viewers at this point of the season for the 23th consecutive season
- Leads ABC by +33,000 (+3%) and CBS by +349,000 (+39%)
- #1 among A18-49 viewers at this point of the season for the 23rd consecutive season
NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt is the most-watched evening newscast in America among the key news demo, and reaches over 24 million people every week through its broadcast and millions more through NBCNews.com, the Nightly News app, The Nightly newsletter and social media platforms. The broadcast provides the latest on the day’s top stories, going beyond the headlines to uncover how people’s lives are affected by the world around them. Lester Holt is the anchor, and was named the most-trusted television news personality in America, according to The Hollywood Reporter/Morning Consult 2018 survey. Jennifer Suozzo is the executive producer.
For more information, contact: