#1 in Both Key A25-54 and A18-49 Demos
Continues to Lead Across Both Demos Season to Date
April 16, 2019 – NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt is the #1 most-watched newscast again for the week of April 8, leading in both the key A25-54 and A18-49 demos, according to Nielsen Media Research.
Nightly News averaged 1.585 million in A25-54, the demo most valued by advertisers, topping CBS by +477,000 (+43%) and ABC by +46,000 (+3%). Among the younger A18-49 demo, NBC garnered 1.052 million, surpassing CBS by +232,000 (+28%) and ABC by +2,000.
Nightly News also continues its reign as the #1 evening newscast season-to-date among both demos, beating CBS by +592,000 (+46%) and ABC by +44,000 (+2%) in A25-54.
Last week, Nightly News debuted “Her Take with Cynthia McFadden,” a new series spotlighting the voices of women who have vastly different experiences, some famous, some not. McFadden spoke with Cindy McCain on Friday, launching the broadcast’s new series.
Week of 4/8/19:
Nightly News ranked #1 in A25-54
- Averaged 1.585 million A25-54 viewers, ahead of ABC by +46,000 (+3%) and leading CBS by +477,000 (+43%)
- Vs. prior year, Nightly posted the smallest A25-54 decline among broadcast nets
- Nightly averaged a 1.31 A25-54 rating, +0.03 ahead of ABC and +0.39 more than CBS
Nightly News ranked #1 in A18-49
- Averaged 1.052 million A18-49 viewers, leading ABC by +2,000 ( < +1%) and CBS by +232,000 (+28%)
- Nightly averaged a 0.82 A18-49 rating, +0.01 ahead of ABC and +0.18 ahead of CBS
|Total Viewers||A25-54 Rating||A25-54 Viewers||A18-49 Rating||A18-49 Viewers|
NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt is the most-watched evening newscast in America among the key news demo, and reaches over 24 million people every week through its broadcast and millions more through NBCNews.com, the Nightly News app, The Nightly newsletter and social media platforms. The broadcast provides the latest on the day’s top stories, going beyond the headlines to uncover how people’s lives are affected by the world around them. Lester Holt is the anchor, and was named the most-trusted television news personality in America, according to The Hollywood Reporter/Morning Consult 2018 survey. Jennifer Suozzo is the executive producer.
NBC News contact: