TODAY Wins 169 Weeks in Key Demo, Best Streak in 6 Years
TODAY Tops GMA in Total Viewers Friday
TODAY Is Only Program to Grow In Total Viewers and Demo Week Over Week
NEW YORK – March 26, 2019 – TODAY was the number-one morning show last week topping “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54. The win marks 169 consecutive weeks in first place, TODAY’s best demo streak in more than six years. TODAY also won in total viewers last Friday and was the only morning show to grow in total viewers and in the demo week over week. Additionally, versus a year ago, TODAY improved its margins over GMA, growing its demo lead by 23% and narrowing the total viewer gap by 61%.
|CBS THIS MORNING||0.66||791||0.45||579||3,101|
|GOOD MORNING AMERICA||0.97||1,170||0.65||836||3,908|
TODAY averaged 1.313 million A25-54 viewers, leading GMA by +143,000 (+12%) and CBS This Morning by +522,000 (+66%)
- TODAY has now ranked #1 among A25-54 viewers for 169 consecutive weeks (best streak in over six years) and 185 of the last 186 weeks
- Week-over-week, TODAY was the only network up among A25-54 +1% (+9,000) vs. GMA -1% and CBS -4%. TODAY’s A25-54 lead over GMA rose by 20% compared to the prior week.
- TODAY’s A25-54 lead over GMA rose by 23% compared to the same week last season.
TODAY averaged 946,000 A18-49 viewers, +110,000 (+13%) ahead of GMA and +367,000 (+63%) higher than CBS
- TODAY’s lead over GMA improved by 18% versus the prior week.
- TODAY’s lead over GMA nearly doubled versus the same week last season.
TODAY averaged 3.828 million total viewers, trailing GMA by -80,000 (-2%) and topping CBS This Morning by +727,000 (+23%)
- TODAY ranked #1 on Friday
- Week-over-week, TODAY’s total viewership was up +1% (+22,000) vs. GMA -0.3% and CBS +2%. TODAY’s gap with GMA improved by 29% versus the prior week.
- TODAY’s gap with GMA improved by 61% versus the same week last season.
TODAY ranks #1 among A25-54 and A18-49
TODAY is posting its biggest season-to-date total viewer lead over CBS in three years
- TODAY’s total viewer advantage over CBS is up 21% vs. the same period last season (+921,000 vs. +763,000 last season)
For more information contact:
p: 212-664-6205 Id��!���� S�v