TODAY Wins 168 Weeks in Key Demo, Best Streak in 6 Years
TODAY Tops GMA in Total Viewers Monday
NEW YORK – March 19, 2019 – TODAY was the number-one morning show last week topping “Good Morning America” in the key demo A25-54. The win marks 168 consecutive weeks in first place, TODAY’s best demo streak in more than six years. TODAY also won in total viewers last Monday. Year over year, TODAY grew its demo lead over GMA by 28% and narrowed the total viewer gap by 19%.
|CBS THIS MORNING||0.68||821||0.46||596||3,042|
|GOOD MORNING AMERICA||0.98||1,185||0.66||856||3,919|
TODAY averaged 1.304 million A25-54 viewers, leading GMA by +119,000 (+10%) and CBS This Morning by +483,000 (+59%)
- TODAY has now ranked #1 among A25-54 viewers for 168 consecutive weeks (best streak in over six years) and 184 of the last 185 weeks
- TODAY’s A25-54 lead over GMA rose by 28% compared to the same week last season.
TODAY averaged 949,000 A18-49 viewers, +93,000 (+11%) ahead of GMA and +353,000 (+59%) higher than CBS
- TODAY’s lead over GMA improved by 33% versus the same week last season.
TODAY averaged 3.806 million total viewers topping CBS This Morning by +764,000 (+25%)
- TODAY ranked #1 on Monday
- Versus the same week last season, TODAY reduced GMA’s lead by 19% and widened its lead over CBS by 16%
TODAY ranks #1 among A25-54 and A18-49
TODAY is posting its biggest season-to-date total viewer lead over CBS in three years
- TODAY’s total viewer advantage over CBS is up 20% vs. the same period last season (+929,000 vs. +772,000 last season)