Nightly News Ranks #1 among A25-54 and A18-49 for 49 of Last 50 Weeks
The NBC Broadcast Increases its Demo Lead over ABC 28% Year Over Year
NEW YORK (July 12, 2016) – “NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt” ranked #1 in the A25-54 demo for the week of July 4, averaging 2 million viewers, outperforming “ABC World News Tonight” by +227,000 (+13%) and “CBS Evening News” by +370,000 million (+23%). Nightly News won all four rated evenings during the holiday week, posting its highest demo delivery in three weeks. The NBC News broadcast has led ABC by at least 200,000 A25-54 viewers in each of the last four weeks. Nightly News increased its demo lead over ABC by 28% year over year (+227,000 last week vs. +178,000 last year).
Nightly News also averaged 1.4 million A18-49 viewers for its best delivery in that demo in three weeks, topping ABC by +133,000 (+9%) and CBS by +251,000 (+22%).
Season to date, Nightly News is the #1 evening news program in total viewers, A25-54 and A18-49 viewers. Nightly News has ranked #1 in A25-54 and A18-49 for 49 of the past 50 weeks.
- Nightly News averaged 7.74 million total viewers, leading CBS Evening News by +1.127 million (+17%).
- Nightly News averaged 2 million A25-54 viewers, outperforming ABC by +227,000 (+13%) and CBS by +370,000 (+23%).
- Nightly News has ranked #1 in A25-54 and A18-49 in 49 of the last 50 weeks.
- Nightly News posted its highest demo delivery in three weeks and has led ABC by at least 200,000 A25-54 viewers in each of the last four weeks.
- Versus the same week last season, Nightly’s A25-54 lead over ABC is 28% higher (+227,000 last week vs. +178,000 last year).
- Nightly News won all four rated evenings in A25-54.
- Nightly News averaged 1.373 million A18-49 viewers, topping ABC by +133,000 (+9%) and CBS by +251,000 (+22%)
- This was also Nightly News’s best A18-49 delivery in the last three weeks.
- Week to week, Nightly News posted gains among A25-54 viewers (+3%, or +61,000) and A18-49 viewers (+6%, or +74,000).
Season to Date:
- Season to date, Nightly News is the #1 evening news program in total viewers, A25-54 viewers, and A18-49 viewers.
- Nightly News averages 8.652 million total viewers, +193,000 (+2%) ahead of ABC and +1.459 million (+20%) more than CBS.
- Nightly News averages 2.094 million A25-54 viewers, leading ABC by +194,000 (+10%) and CBS by +433,000 (+26%).
- Nightly News has seen the biggest gain among A25-54 viewers this season (+8,000).
- Nightly News is posting a 189,000 viewer turnaround in its A25-54 lead vs. ABC (+194,000 lead this season vs. +5,000 this time last year).
- Nightly News averages 1.506 million A18-49 viewers, outperforming ABC by +175,000 (+13%) and CBS by +374,000 (+33%).
- Nightly News has increased its A18-49 advantage over ABC by 97% versus last season (vs. a +89,000 lead last season).
Week of July 4 – July 8, 2016:
|Total Viewers||A25-54 Rating||A25-54 Viewers||A18-49 Rating||A18-49 Viewers|
For more information contact:
# # #
ABOUT NBC NIGHTLY NEWS WITH LESTER HOLT
“NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt” is America’s most-watched evening newscast, going beyond the day’s headlines to uncover stories of how people’s lives are affected by the world around them. “NBC Nightly News” reaches over 24 million people every week through its broadcast and millions more through NBCNews.com, the “Nightly News” app, and social media platforms. Lester Holt is the anchor and Sam Singal is the executive producer.
# # #