NBC Broadcast Leads in All Categories Season-to-Date
MARCH 1, 2016– “NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt” is #1 in total viewers and all categories for the week of February 22-26, marking 33 wins in the 36 weeks since Holt was named anchor. The NBC broadcast is #1 in A25-54 viewers for the 13th straight week and 34 of the last 36 weeks.
Week-to-week, Nightly posted a +32,000 increase among A18-49 viewers and a 36% improvement in its A18-49 advantage over ABC.
Season-to-date, Nightly is the #1 evening news program in total viewers, A25-54 viewers, and A18-49 viewers.
NOTE: As of 12/28/15, Nielsen national ratings are based on an expanded sample known as “NPX,” which effectively doubles the size of the Nielsen panel through a combination of additional meters and HHs. While NPX is now the official currency of record, all data pre-12/28/15 remains based on the old sample — so year-to-year and other comparisons are versus pre-NPX data.
- Nightly averaged 8.913 million total viewers, outperforming ABC by +38,000 (+0.4%) and CBS by +1.241 million (16%).
- Nightly averaged 2.158 million A25-54 viewers, +99,000 (+5%) higher than ABC and +360,000 (+20%) more than CBS.
- Nightly averaged 1.571 million A18-49 viewers, leading ABC by +131,000 (+9%) and CBS by +351,000 (+29%).
- Nightly has been #1 among total viewers 6 of the last 7 weeks, 33 of the last 36 weeks, and 374 of the last 386 weeks.
- Nightly won its 13th consecutive week in A25-54 demo viewers and has been #1 in 34 of the last 36 weeks.
- The NBC broadcast is #1 in A18-49 viewers for 31 consecutive weeks, 35 of the last 36 weeks, and 39 of the last 42 weeks.
- Nightly is averaging 9.092 million total viewers, leading ABC by +275,000 (+3% ) and CBS by +1.520 million (+20%).
- Nightly is averaging 2.229 million A25-54 viewers, leading ABC by +204,000 (+10%) and CBS by +466,000 (+26%).
- Nightly has widened its A25-54 lead vs. ABC by 166,000 viewers versus last season (+204,000 lead this season vs. a +38,000 gap last year).
- Nightly has also improved its A25-54 gap over CBS by 2% versus last season (466,000 lead this season vs. +457,000 a year ago).
- Nightly is averaging 1.612 million A18-49 viewers, leading ABC by +218,000 (+16 %) and CBS by +415,000 (+35%).
WEEK OF FEBRUARY 22-26 2016:
|Total Viewers||A25-54 Rating||A25-54 Viewers||A18-49 Rating||A18-49 Viewers|