Nightly is #1 in Total Viewers and Younger Viewer Demo A18-49 NBC Broadcast Delivers Biggest Total Viewer and News Demo Audiences in Over Four Months
SEPTEMBER 16, 2014 – “NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams” continued as America’s most-watched evening newscast for the week ending September 12, 2014, according to Nielsen Media Research data.
Nightly averaged 8.554 million total viewers and 2.013 viewers A25-54, marking its largest audiences in both categories in over four months (since week of 4/28/14).
Compared to the previous week, Nightly widened its total viewer leads versus ABC by +11% and over CBS by +15%. Nightly posted the largest week-to-week gain in total viewers (+83,000) while also increasing deliveries among A18-49 and A25-54 viewers (+2% each).
Versus the same week last season, Nightly posted growth among younger viewers 18-49 (+1%), while ABC dropped -3%.
- Nightly delivered 8.554 million viewers, leading ABC World News by +228,000 and CBS Evening News by +2,278,000.
- This represents Nightly’s biggest total viewer audience since the week of 4/28/2014 and biggest gap versus CBS in three months (since week of 6/9/2014).
- On Monday, Nightly averaged 10.267 million total viewers — its largest single-day audience since 3/3/2014.
- Nightly has won in total viewers for 261 consecutive weeks, and in 308 of the past 309 weeks.
- Among A25-54 (000), Nightly averaged 2.013 million viewers, topping CBS by +406,000.
- Nightly averaged a 1.7 A25-54 rating, +4 tenths over CBS.
- This marks Nightly’s biggest demo audience since the week of 4/28/14 and best W/A25-54 ratings since the week of 6/9/2014.
- Among A18-49, Nightly delivered 1.497 million viewers, topping ABC by +101,000 and CBS by +344,000.
- Nightly averaged a 1.2 A18-49 rating, topping ABC by +1 tenth and CBS by +3 tenths.
- Versus the same week last season, Nightly increased in total viewers (+3%, or +250,000), rating M18-49 (+11%), and rating M25-54 (+7%).
- Versus its 3Q’14 average, Nightly posted double-digit across-the-board gains in total viewers (+10%, or +764,000), rating W/M/A18-49 (+17%/+11%/+20%), and rating W/M/A25-54 (+12%/+15%/+13%).
- Nightly is the #1 evening newscast in total viewers and all 18-49 and 25-54 demo ratings.
- Nightly continues to post the biggest season-to-season growth among the national evening newscasts, increasing +488,000 total viewers (+6%) and widening its advantages over ABC by +27% and CBS by +8%.
- Season-to-date, Nightly is posting its biggest total viewer audience in 8 years (since the 2005-06 season) and its largest lead over ABC (+911,000) since the 2011-12 season.
# # #
For more information contact:
o: (212) 664-3230
c: (917) 628-8943